* WGs marked with an * asterisk has had at least one new draft made available during the last 5 days

Dprive Status Pages

DNS PRIVate Exchange (Active WG)
Int Area: Éric Vyncke, Erik Kline | 2014-Oct-17 —  
Chairs
 
 


IETF-112 dprive minutes


Minutes

minutes-112-dprive-00 minutes



          # DNS Privacy Exchange (DPRIVE) WG
          ### IETF 112,
          
          * Date: 11 November 2021
          * Time: 1200-1400 UTC
          * MeetEcho:
          [https://meetings.conf.meetecho.com/ietf112/?group=dprive&short=&item=1](https://meetings.conf.meetecho.com/ietf112/?group=dprive&short=&item=1)
          * Minutes:
          [https://notes.ietf.org/notes-ietf-112-dprive](https://notes.ietf.org/notes-ietf-112-dprive)
          
          * Jabber: [dprive@jabber.ietf.org](dprive@jabber.ietf.org)
          
          * [Datatracker](https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/dprive/documents/)
          
          * [Upload Slides](https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/112/session/dprive)
          
          ### Chairs
          * Tim Wicinski [tjw.ietf@gmail.com](tjw.ietf@gmail.com)
          * Brian Haberman [brian@innovationslab.net](brian@innovationslab.net)
          
          ### Responsible Area Director
          * Éric Vyncke [evyncke@cisco.com](evyncke@cisco.com)
          
          #
          ## Agenda
          
          ### Administrivia
          
          * Agenda Updates, etc,  10 min
          * NOTE WELL : https://www.ietf.org/about/note-well.html
          
          *   Move DNS-over-DTLS to historic?
              - Re-Allocate port to QUIC (IESG)
              - Chairs
          
          *Action Item: Will take this to the mailing list
              Moving DNS-over-DTLS to Historic
              Update name for port 853 to DNSoQUIC/DNSoDTLS*
          
          ### Current Working Group Business
          
          *   draft-ietf-dprive-unauth-to-authoritative
              -
              https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-unauth-to-authoritative/
              - paul.hoffman@icann.org 30min
              - Chairs Action:
          
          Paul Hoffman:  04 version out, little comments. Authenicated fell off.
          
          Joey: advancing work on a specific use case should not limit the advance
          of other use cases; we're all working on  having better encryption of
          the net and it should'nt be  "either or ".
          
          ekr: interested in use case is still constant. WG interest has fallen off.
          Waiting to hear interest in Ben's document.
          
          Brian Haberman: WGLC to see if folks are happy, mark it for
          experimentation.
          
          PH: Don't want dictorate reviews as this is still in flux.
          
          ekr: no progress for consensus on this approach.
          
          *Action Item: Chairs will huddle with AD on use case discussion*
          
          ### New Working Group Business
          
          *   draft-dkgjsal-dprive-unilateral-probing
              -
              https://gitlab.com/dkg/dprive-unilateral-probing/-/blob/main/unilateral-probing.md
              - joeygsal@gmail.com 20min
              - Chairs Action:
          
          dkg: Not in datatracker, but will upload shortly.
          
          Ben Schwartz: Supports adoption, also when Paul Hoffman wrote initially.
          
          Brian Dickson: Proposed is How, left unanswered is the When.
          
          dkg: wants to get as many queries as possible
          
          BD: vendor of long tail of domains would have issues supporting
          
          Joey:  we could add in the auth servers recommendations section.
          
          dkg: section on resource exhaustion under server guidance, should add
          stop answering on
          encrypter connections.
          
          ekr: would love to hear from auth servers to something which leads to
          universal encryption.
          
          Peter van Dijk:  DNS Error Reporting draft, though could have
          troubles. SNI might make sense in
          some scenarios.  Return TCP Reset, was told too expensive.
          
          Erik Nygren: availability/stability important in their authorative
          platform.  Maybe discuss how not to do this.
          
          dkg: don't want to overburden providers who do not wish to roll this
          out. auth / recursive may be different
          (fill in)
          
          BS: Aware in real interest in 100% encryption. unilateral probing makes
          STS signal unneccesary.
          
          dkg: one non strict signal is wanting error reports
          
          BD: want to provide encryption transport.
          
          dkg: shame if greedy clients cause this to fail
          
          BD: do want to use SNI to handle subset of names
          
          dkg: designed to fall back to cleartext
          
          
          *   draft-schwartz-ds-glue
              - https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schwartz-ds-glue/
              - bemasc@google.com 20min
              - Chairs Action:
          
          Warren Kumari: Likes authenicated, feels complex. potential
          reasonable. Requires DNSSEC, but folks can not
          add DS records easily. Better than nothing.
          
          BS: can also CDNSKEY, but only if child can get convince parent.
          
          Jonathan Reed:  Can we add random DS record types. Also we have Flag
          Day ideas. Can we ever add new RRTypes?
          
          ekr: would implore the chairs to craft a mechanism to solve this problem.
          
          PH: what ekr said
          
          dkg: Likes draft/framing. Have you tried to publish such records
          
          BS: there are barriers to this. limited number of CDS implementations
          
          dkr: we need new signed record types
          
          Peter Thomassen: child zone name is leaked.
          
          BS: NS name is not sensitive.
          
          Ralf Weber: Can change stuff at parent. More in line with how DNS works.
          
          BS: work involved in adding new record types to parent
          
          Robert Evans:  Multiple Paths ADoT adoption. Perhaps lower bar to
          "could work"
          
          BS: Experimental solution in charter.
          
          *Action Item: follow up on ekr's mechanism crafting comment*
          
          *   draft-dickson-dnsop-ds-hack
              - https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dickson-dnsop-ds-hack/
              - brian.peter.dickson@gmail.com 10min
              - Chairs Action:
          
          *   draft-dickson-dnsop-glueless
              - https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dickson-dnsop-glueless/
              - brian.peter.dickson@gmail.com 10min
              - Chairs Action:
          
          *   draft-dickson-dprive-adot-auth
              - https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dickson-dprive-adot-auth/
              - brian.peter.dickson@gmail.com 5min
              - Chairs Action:
          
          *   draft-dickson-dprive-dnst
              - https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dickson-dprive-dnst/
              - brian.peter.dickson@gmail.com 5min
              - Chairs Action:
          
          



Generated from PyHt script /wg/dprive/minutes.pyht Latest update: 24 Oct 2012 16:51 GMT -